Commissionato dalla Banda Giovanile ''Is' Banda's'' della Filarmonica L. Mattiussi di Artegna (UD) per il 10° anniversario di fondazione.
Scomegna Edizioni Musicali
Partitur und Stimmen A4+ (24 x 32 cm)
HÖRE UND LESEN
A majestic castle, also known as the upper castle, was built in medieval times on top of the hill of San Martino, overlooking the town of Artegna in the province of Udine. There remains today only a few traces of this castle, it having been repeatedly attacked, ruined, rebuilt, and ultimately destroyed between the end of 1300 and beginning of 1400. Because of these events, in the thirteenth century the Lords of Artegna began the construction of another building that would become their new residence. They expanded and transformed some existing old structures: a watchtower (which is now the fortified tower of the castle) and part of the surrounding defending walls of the ancient fortress. Thus was created what is now called the little or bottom castle, given the small size compared to the top one. From the Artegna family (a lineage whose origin is uncertain, it was probably a family of German origin) the ownership of the castle passed, with many twists and turns, to the powerful family of Savorgnan, which gave the current name to the castle. The castle is now the precious guardian of ancient historical events that took place on the hill. It houses, on the first floor, an exhibition of archaeological finds from excavations carried out on the hill.